Wednesday 12 December 2012

The Last Perogy

Wow. So it's 12/12/12 today and I just realized yesterday that it would be the last of it's kind for this millennium. I'm sure that come January 1, 2101 they'll still call it 01/01/01, but it won't be as authentic as these past few years in the 2000s. I'm kind of sad/nostalgic over this whole thing for no discernible reason.

Anyways, to commemorate this "last" I thought I'd share this image of the last perogy in today's post.

My mom was getting too full, but being the good asian she is she decided to save her last perogy for later. My sister found it left out on the table and snapped a pic.

The last perogy of the millennium!


Now I will admit that I'm not one to throw food away, but this is bordering on ridiculous. It's ONE perogy! Are you telling me that you can't manage to eat ONE more perogy?

What I like about this picture is that my mom put the perogy in one of those ceramic chinese dipping sauce bowls. Another thing I like about this picture is that it totally exemplifies a fob's sheer aversion to throwing food away.

But who am I to judge? When I first started dating my gwai lo, I would always finish off his table scraps just because he was going to throw them away. It didn't matter how full I was. I just couldn't stand idly by while he was wasting perfectly good food!

Gwai los...



2 comments:

  1. It's in the DNA, you know. I always save my tea bags, thinking that I'll get one more cup of tea out of it. What usually happens is that, days later, I find an wrinkly dried tea bag sitting in (you guessed it!) a small dipping bowl in the fridge. Then I toss said tea bag and now I have one more bowl to clean. At least my dipping bowl is clear and COMPLETELY Western-style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classic "one more cup" philosophy! I've gotta recognize your clever use of dipping bowl. Respect.

      Delete