Tuesday 4 December 2012

General Concern

My mom called me the other day around dinner time. Surprisingly, she didn't ask "Where are you?". Although now that I think about it, it would have been the appropriate context for her to do so. She never asks when it's appropriate, so it's only appropriate that she didn't ask... nevermind.

Mom: Do you want to come to Chili's?

Me: No. I'm still at work.

Mom: Oh perfect! It's the Chili's right by your work! Want me to come get you?

Me: No I'm still working then I'm going out for coffee.

Mom: But your dad is at Chili's.

Me: Not really a selling feature.

Mom: Well where are you going?

Me: Starbucks.

Mom: How are you going to get there?

Me: I'm going to take the bus.

Mom: Which bus are you going to take?

Me: Why do you care?

Mom: Because I care!

Me: I'm not going to die!

Mom: Please don't die. I want to make sure you get there safely!

Me: It's called the internet. I look up where I need to be and when.

Mom: Ok be good.

Why do fobs always remind us fobspring to be good? What could we possibly be up to to warrant this life-long reminder?


No comments:

Post a Comment