Wednesday 2 January 2013

Christmas Gift Ideas

With the Christmas season behind us, I will share a story that I've been holding onto until my family gift exchange had passed.

My little brother's birthday is December 10th, and somehow, every year I forget to buy him a birthday present despite being the type of person who typically finishes their Christmas shopping in November. In any event, it's always kind of a last minute challenge for me and my family to think of an original birthday gift for him, while trying to avoid any overlap with his Christmas gifts.

So anyways, my mom calls me a couple of days before my brother's birthday...

Mom: What did you get your brother for his birthday?

Me: I haven't gotten him anything yet.

Mom: Did you get him anything for Christmas yet?

Me: Yeah I'm got him a sweater, an athletic shirt, and a laser pointer for his classroom/personal amusement.

Mom: Oh ok that's perfect because I'm going to give him money.

Me: Ok then why did you need to check in with me?

Mom: To make sure we didn't get him the same thing!

I'm sure he would have been devastated...


No comments:

Post a Comment