Thursday 19 April 2012

Google Street View

This story kind of expands on the theme of how my mom is chronically lost. She now gets lost in the digital "worl" too!

I sent my mom a link to a property listing that I've been keeping my eye on for a while. It's near my current area in downtown Edmonton, but my mom wanted to scope it out some more. To try and get a better look, she went on google street view.  

After a few minutes I get a phone call from her:

Mom: The area looks very nice, but I can't find the house... *click click click*

Me: Don't try to find the house by driving around street view. Zoom out of street view and find the address first, THEN go to street view.

Mom: Why is everything in french? Did I change my settings?

Me: I don't know. Maybe you changed your browser settings or something.

Mom: It's very nice but I still can't see the house.

Me: You should be able to see the house. All you need to do is put the address into the search bar. It's not that difficult.

Mom: OH. I'm in Gatineau Quebec.

Me: Omg. That would be why...

THEN after this, as if I already wasn't laughing hard enough...

Me: ANYWAYS the owner has significantly dropped the asking price. It was empty so I think they just want to sell it fast and move on.

Mom: Why does it want gone?

Me: Haha... why does it want gone? I don't know. I guess it's old people trying to sell.

Mom: So expensive.

Me: Yeah. We can't actually afford it. It's across the street from a ravine.

Mom: So what? It's in front of some bushes! Whoopie ding! It's a ripper-downer!

Me: I think you mean a fixer-upper.


No comments:

Post a Comment