Friday 27 April 2012

Learn to Speak FOB S'More

It's that time again! I first exposed you to the FOB language in my post entitled Learn to Speak FOB. I hope you've been practising because I have some more phrases for you to "tess" drive!

I have listed the phrases in english with the FOB translations given below in brown.

Let's Begin: English
                    FOB


We are going to the Easter Vigil.
We are going to the Easter Virgil.

Is that a dyson ball?
Is that a tyson ball?

My hair isn't black, it's brown
My hair isn't blown, it's brack

Doctors have to take the Hippocratic Oath
Doctors have to take the Autocratic Oath

This time it would be worse
This time it would be worst

I'll just make something nice and simple
I'll just make something nice and simpey

What kind of cake mix do you want? Super Moist?
What kind of cake mix do you want? Mois' and Simpo?


I gotta buy Por Por some So Nice soy milk.
I gotta buy Por Por some So Nicey soy milk.

Did you vote?
Did you foe?

I think I'm gonna stop over in Vancouver then head over to Tofino for a bit.
I think I'm gonna stop over in Fangcouver then head over to Torfino for a bit.

Was it a Toshiba?
Was it a Torshiba?

I like Tostitos.
I like Torstitos.

I have to look after the rug-rats.
I have to look after the rick-rats.

Did you hear that Brendan? We're DOOMED!
Did you hear that Brendan? We're DOOM!

I'm pooped!
I'm poop!

I was drifting in and out of sleep.
I was driffin' in and out of sleep.

I'm in a good mood.
I am a good mood.

Try some of this crab dip.
Try some of this crap dip.

Is the ice cream defrosted yet?
Is the ice cream de-frogged yet?

In Fort McMurray they are all Newfies on their way back to Newfoundland!
In Fort McMurray they are all Newfies on their way back to Newfie!


After today you should be be revelling in your mastery of FOB lingo!



No comments:

Post a Comment