Thursday 26 April 2012

Well Hello There!

This is a story from way back in 2006 when the Edmonton Oilers were in the Stanley Cup finals. My parents and my little brother were in future shop when they spotted star defenceman Chris Pronger. My brother was so excited to see such a huge hockey star, so my mom encouraged him to go over and talk to him.

Mom: Go up and say hello.

Brother: No way. I don't want to bother him!

Mom: What's the big deal? I'm going to go over and say hi.

Brother: No, mom! Don't!

But before my brother could stop her, she was already carting her 4'11'' self over to greet the 6'6" defenceman. My brother watched in horror as she walked right up to him and began to speak.

Mom: Well hello there Mr. Peca!

Brother: * mortified * WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING???

Pronger just looked at her, then walked away. She returned to where my dad and brother were safely observing in the distance.

Mom: Well he sure was rude!

Brother: MAYBE BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT HE WAS MIKE PECA!

Mom: That wasn't Mike Peca? Who the heck was he?

Yet another case of mistaken identity.... Sometimes I wonder if my mom was the reason he requested to be traded.





No comments:

Post a Comment